A note to myself of ideas and criteria for the layout and planting of the garden.
- Flower borders
- Renovate shed
- Three distinct areas (rooms): secret seating; water focus; planting focus
- Wildlife friendly
- Aspect ~ north facing
- Clay soil needs proper management
- Soil pH to be tested
- Coastal, salt laden high winds
- Tree surgery required
- Decide on Concept: naturalistic; coastal; formal; contemporary?
- Emphasis on foliage and texture
- Decide on colour combinations
- Limited number of species of flower
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Lanarth White’ (good in coastal positions and on poor soil)
Just needed to write these down while they’re in my head.